This delicious chicken salad is so easy and tasty and it only requires five simple ingredients! A wonderful italian-style recipe that you can made with love at home!
Where is this recipe from
This Easy Chicken Salad is my Italian better half's speciality. It is perfect to make as a quick meal or to bring at a potluck.
What ingredients you need
You only need 5 ingredients to make this chicken salad from scratch: cooked chicken, capers, olives, pickled vegetables and mayonnaise.
There are just two simple steps for this recipe: finely slice all ingredients (except the capers, of course) and mix them all together with mayonnaise. It takes a maximum of 20 minutes.
The only ingredients that are mandatory for this salad are the chicken and the mayonnaise. With the rest you can create variations: for example skip the capers or the olives or add some fresh vegetables like radish, spring onion or crispy celery.
You can consider different options, depending on the season and on the local produce. Just remember not to add ingredients that might be greasy. Your best choice are all types of fresh or pickled vegetables.
This salad is a great appetiser. It is very tasty just to eat with some bread. Alternatively you can make sandwiches by spreading chicken salad generously between two slices of bread and garnishing it with a lettuce.
No matter how you decide to have it, I am sure you would enjoy this salad! If you love chicken, that is the perfect easy comfort food to make at home.
Did you like this recipe? Let me know in the comments what you think about it!
If you like the blog, subscribe to receive new recipes every week!
Here are some more Italian recipes that you might like:
Easy Chicken Salad
- 10 oz/ 300 g cooked chicken finely chopped
- 2/3 cup/ 80 g capers drained
- 2/3 cup/ 120 g green olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup/ 80 g pickled vegetables finely chopped (see notes)
- 3-4 tbsp mayonnaise
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix very well so that everything is covered very well with mayonnaise.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Preferably use a mix of pickled vegetables: carrots, celery, gherkins, cauliflower, peppers, etc. But if you don't have a mix, you can also use separately pickled vegetables.
- Don't add too much mayo as the salad would become too heavy. The ingredients should be just lightly covered with mayonnaise.
- Store the salad for 1-2 days covered in the fridge.